I wrote a long reflective post about my first semester of law school and how I feel that the legal educational system sets people up for failure by forcing them to give up things that are important to them.
But just writing it made me sad and a little annoyed, so posting it here would make me sadder. I’ll explain at some point. But for now, have a list of things that make me happy. In no particular order:
- Cooking something that I really want to eat and having it turn out just the way I like it.
- Gordon Ramsey’s Best Restaurant, which is on Netflix and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- Winning board games the first time I play them.
- Badass boots that fit perfectly.
- The Measure of Injury, by Martha Chamallas and Jennifer Wiggins.
- Taking out the trash bins just before the garbage truck shows up.
- Sitting in the hot tub at Inman Oasis (which isn’t sketchy I swear) and just breathing.
- Quiet museums full of contemporary art.
- The album Bodyparts by Dragonette.
- The Faces in Things Twitter account).
- Hearing about cool research projects people are working on.
- Checked off to-do lists.
- Playing Ingress.
May your holidays and 2014 be filled with things that make you happy, whatever those things are.